Product Showcase – Pendleton Towels
One of the more recent additions to our product catalogue at Indian Traders is our collection of Pendleton Oversize Spa Towels.
Historically renowned for beautifully crafted Indian Trade Native American blankets, Pendleton has come a long way in a century and a half, and its diverse product catalogue now extends from woolen blankets to handbags, hats, scarves, and other apparel and accessories.
They also offer high-quality bath, beach, and spa towels featuring Native-American-inspired designs that pay homage to the culture, lands, and legends of the indigenous peoples of North America.
The vibrant spa towel designs available here include but are not limited to:
- Chief Joseph – (Khaki, Aqua, Gray, Slate, Rosewood) – dating to the 1920s, this design honors Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce.
- Los Ojos – depicts Spanish crosses, eyes, and the Four Scared Mountains of the Dine (Navajo).
- Spider Rock – honors a local Navajo Creation legend.
- Wildland Heroes – honors the courageous firefighters (blanket sales support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation).
- Journey West – inspired by 19th-century European Woolen Mill and the journey undertaken by Thomas L. kay.
- Siskiyou – honors the Siskiyou Mountain Range (which straddles the Oregon-California border) and the stories of the local Chinook people.
- Canyonlands – honors the Canyonlands National Park in Utah.
- White Sands – inspired by the Tularosa Basin in the White Sands National Park, the traditional home of the Mescalero Apache.
- Tucson – depicts the Pima legend of the Creation Stick bringing Earth, Stars, Moon and Sun from the Darkness.
- Los Lunas – pays homage to the Los Lunas, New Mexico petroglyphs.
- Rock Point – design based on the rugged landscape of Rock Point, Arizona, including the Red Mesa, Whale Rock, North Arch, and Two Sisters.
- Diamond Peak – honors the dormant volcano on the Pacific Crest Trail in Oregon.
- Opal Springs – honors Oregon’s Opal Springs.
- Harding Oxford – based on the original design of a blanket given by Cayuse and Umatilla Chiefs to First Lady Harding in 1923 when she and President Harding travelled west and dedicated a portion of the Old Oregon Trail.
Unrivalled in quality, as with all Pendleton merchandise, these oversized spa towels are plush and velvety-soft. Each terry velour towel is made from 100% cotton, highly absorbent, and color-fast – so whether you use it on the beach or by the pool in summer, or at the hot tub in winter, you know you’re luxuriating in quality that lasts.
Pendelton Oversize Spa Towels measure 40” x 70” and should be laundered before their first use. They are machine washable in a cold and gentle cycle with like colors (do not use bleach!). They may be line-dried or tumble-dried on a low setting.
These towels are sustainably made, following strict environmentally friendly practices and standards and are certified by OEKO-TEX as being manufactured under safe and socially responsible working conditions.
This is a perfect gift idea!